Students with Special Needs (NFMC)
Many music scholarships are available through the National Federation of Music Clubs for people with special needs.
Cheryl Schmidt is the Minnesota Federation of Music Clubs chairperson in charge of promoting and assisting students with special needs to obtain music scholarships. She is committed to working personally with the students and families through the application process. For more information, please email Cheryl Schmidt
Regional and National Awards • Applications for these awards are available through the National Federation of Music Clubs
- Joyce Walsh Junior Disabilities Award
- Music for the Blind Awards – Performance and Composition
- Agnes Fowler Regional Awards
- Hinda Honigman – Music Award for the Blind
- Vivian Menees – Nelson Music Award – for the disabled and visually impaired
- W. Paul Benzinger – Memorial Awards
For more information about these scholarships, please visit the National Federation of Music Clubs Website.