International Music Camp
The International Music Camp Scholarship is offered annually by MFMC
The International Music Camp Scholarship is offered annually by MFMC.
Two $450 scholarships will be awarded for use towards concentrated study at the International Music Camp located in the International Peace Gardens on the border of North Dakota and Manitoba.
This summer school of fine arts is considered one of the best and is staffed by highly skilled artist-educators. Campers from previous years have stated that the week-long session is filled with memorable instructional and performance opportunities, summertime recreation and chances to make new friends.
To be eligible for scholarship consideration, candidates must:
- Be in grade 9-12 at the time the application is submitted.
- Receive a Superior rating in the Minnesota Federation of Music Clubs Festival of the year of application.
- Applicant and teacher must be members of the MFMC.
- Session chosen to attend must be in the same catagory as the Superior rating received.
- Complete an MFMC IMC Scholarship Application located on this page.
- Include two letters of recommendation including one from the applicant’s present music teacher in the desired area of study.
- Include labeled audio mp3/mp4 recording of the applicant performing two scales and two selections of his/her choice.
- Completed application, recommendation letters and recording must be received on or before April 1st to be eligible for consideration.
- Scholarships will be awarded in April.
- Scholarship recipients must complete the International Music Camp registration and pay the $150.00 non-refundable registration fee directly to IMC before May 1st to set up your account there. Upon completion, the scholarship amount will be deposited directly to IMC on May 1st, the early registration date.
- Recipients of the scholarship will be asked to provide a picture, biography and give permission (parents if recipient a minor) for publication of their success in MFMC publications.
Along with pianists, student vocalists and band and orchestral instrumentalists are encouraged to apply.
Please mail or email completed application, letters of recommendation, and labeled mp3/mp4 audio recordings to Karen Erickson, 910 Westwood Drive, Alexandria MN 56308, on or before the First of April to be eligible for consideration. For questions, contact Karen Sue Erickson.
Please note: Campers are responsible for transportation arrangements and costs and for items of a personal nature.
Karen Sue Erickson
Summer Scholarships Chairperson
Contact Karen Sue Erickson