NFMC Student/Collegiate Auditions
NFMC Student/Collegiate Auditions Awards
The NFMC Student/Collegiate Auditions Award is a national music competition held in odd-numbered years only. Students are eligible to enter in the following categories:
- Classical Guitar
- Man’s Voice
- Woman’s Voice
- Double Bass
- Orchestral Woodwinds
- Orchestral Brass
Each category listed above is judged separately. Both state and national rounds of the competition are conducted by submission of a digital recording.
- First prize for each category: $3,000 and a performance at the biennial NFMC Convention (when feasible)
- Second prize for each category: $500
Summary of Requirements:
- Age: 19-25 by February 1st of the year entered
- Entry Fee: $30
- Application Deadline: February 1st, odd-numbered years
- Entrants must be native-born or naturalized citizen of the United States of America
- Student must hold student/collegiate membership in NFMC.
- Students may join either through a student organization (for example, through a college or university), or through individual membership. Joining is easy and affordable. For more information, contact Sheila Shusterich, MFMC’s Student/Collegiate Auditions Chair — or visit NFMC’s website for details.
Details & Forms:
- ALL FORMS available on NFMC Website
- Repertoire and Requirements
- Application Form
- Recording Certification Letter
The National Federation of Music Clubs Biennial Student/Collegiate Awards honor Agnes Fowler and Mary V. Thiesen.