Festival program provides musicians the opportunity to perform and receive a yearly evaluation in a non-competitive environment
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the COVID 19 health crisis and the shutdown of non-essential businesses in New York and New Jersey, Festival Cup orders for the MFMC 2020 Festival have been delayed. We will keep you informed when Crown Trophy is able to begin fulfilling the cup orders for the MFMC.
Thank you for your patience!
Festival is sponsored by the National Federation of Music Clubs (NFMC),
Festival promotes study and stimulates interest in American and world literature and encourages participants to reach a high standard of musical achievement.
Festivals are not a competition but an opportunity to perform and receive evaluation. Guidelines are set by the National Federation of Music Clubs and Festivals are administered by the respective State Federation of Music Clubs in accordance with the rules that appear in the Festival Bulletin.
Festivals are held throughout the State of Minnesota during the months of January, February, and March. Students may participate in several different solo and ensemble events to receive evaluation and earn points towards the Festival Cup trophy program.
Teachers find the program assists students’ progress by helping them set short- and long-term goals. Students gain a sense of accomplishment and many are motivated to pursue further/advanced study of music.
Teachers and participants must be a member of MFMC and NFMC. Obtaining membership in MFMC includes membership in NFMC.
Teachers interested in participation should email Festival Chair Nadine Berg or fill out the form below.
- Provide opportunity for musicians — Juniors (thru age 18) and Adults — to perform and receive a yearly evaluation in a non-competitive environment.
- Serve thousands of Minnesota musicians at several sites throughout the state of Minnesota.
- Offer participation in multiple events for soloists and ensembles from beginner to advanced.
- Provide written evaluation, certificates of participation and achievement, and opportunity to participate in award programs.
Events Available to Entrants
- PIANO solo, concerto, duet, trio, duo, quartet, hymn playing, and accompaniment
- ORGAN solo and hymn playing
- SIGHT PLAYING/SINGING
- VOICE art song and musical theater, solo and ensemble
- AMERICAN PATRIOTIC AND FOLK SONG
- STRINGS solo, concerto, and small ensemble
- CHAMBER MUSIC
- CLASSICAL GUITAR
- WINDS, BRASS, PERCUSSION solo, concerto, and small ensemble
- ACCORDIAN solo, duet, orchestra
- SCHOOL FULL ORCHESTRA
- THEORY EXAMS