History of the Minnesota Federation of Music Clubs
Established on April 14, 1921 in Minneapolis
Meetings and Conventions
2019 – All Member State Meeting – St. Cloud, MN – April 27, 2019
- Cara Caravetta received approval to use the MFMC logo to create a product line to create awareness for MFMC, teachers to use for awards and fundraisers
- Currently 374 adult members and 3, 981 junior members
- MFMC Constitution and Bylaws committee presented all revisions which were approved
- Grace Kopitske reported that it is likely clubs will be required to use the online Festival registration in 2021
2019 -59th State Convention (34th Biennial) – College of St. Scholastica – Duluth, MN – July 31 & August 1, 2019
- New officers elected: Nancy Fisher – President, Sarah Twedt – 1st Vice President, Cara Caravetta – 2nd Vice President, Gwen Degner – Treasurer, Mary Kaye Rabaey – Secretary, Karen Erickson – Historian, Mary Wescott – National Board Representative
- Funding approved to develop a mass email communication system to communicate with all members
- Dr. Nick Susi, conducted a piano masterclass and performed a recital
- Brainstorming session: more diversity, student scholarship expansion, support the arts, current communication tools, tools for recruiting new members, meetings contain educational presentations
- Grace Kopitske appointed as the Festival Online Registration Administrator and will sit on the executive committee
- State Student Audition winners: Emma Taggert, Joely Palmer, Andrew Lafferty, Sarah Dalmo
- International Music Camp Scholarship recipient: Parker Olson
- NFMC 2019 Myrtle Mehan/Hazel Morgan Scholarship – Molly Tengwall and Max Trochlil both from Minnesota
- NCR Regional Vice President elected at the NFMC National Convention: Sarah Twedt
- Grand Cups: David Michaeli, Joyce Zhu, Presidents Cup: Jacob Allyn Johnson, Leah Dahlstrom, Nellie Benton, Michelle Quan, Lexie Sorensen
2020 – Executive Meetings June 4th and July 9th, 2020 held virtually due to the COVID -19 Global Pandemic
- New Themed Web Site Project Completed
- Member Mass Email Project Completed
- Move specific funds to higher interest savings account
- Planning begins on MFMC 100th Anniversary celebration occuring in July 2021
- Obtain guidelines from NFMC about holding Festivals virtually
2020 – All State Meeting July 22, 2020 held virtually due to the COVID-19 Global Pandemic
- Festival Online System – Vivace – MFMC is not moving ahead with any club using the online system until it is completely ready, and our state discusses, at length, the best way to get our data into the system.
- Member Support – solicited interest from attendees in pursing the following webinars:How to host Virtual Festival if necessary (dependent on club location AND situation at the time – it may be possible to hold live festivals) and How to apply for 501c (3) status.
- MFMC will no longer serve as a fiscal agent for senior clubs or other entities, and those organizations are encouraged to apply for their own federal and state tax identification numbers, and obtain their own 501c(3) or EIN status through the IRS.
- The following reports can be located with the minutes on the MFMC web site: Secretary, Treasure, Festival, Festival Cup, Insurance, North Central Region, Membership, Finance, Web Site, Half Notes Newsletter, Festival Online, International Music Camp, Awards and Scholarships, Junior Composers Contest and Scholarships, State Student Auditions, NFMC Biennial Student/Collegiate Auditions, Proposed 2020-2021 Budget, State President.
History • Previous