Registration is now open for the Teacher Training Institute in partnership with Avivo! Register early as space is limited.
To register, please fill out the form on this page: http://juniorcomposers.org/teacher-training-institute-registration
If you have any questions, just reply to this email, or call Pat Steege at 651-334-1355
Teacher Training Institute
Saturday, July 19 through Sunday, July 20, 2014, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
$150 workshop fee. Lodging can be requested at Middlebrook Hall, U of M.
“Over the course of many years, I have come to depend on the team of teachers at Avivo; they define the practice of master teaching for me.” Randall Davidson, Composer & General Director, Junior Composers Institute
- During this Teacher Training Institute, music teachers will…
- be students themselves, playfully opening up their own creative voices and building confidence in their creative ability.
- embark on an active exploration of the pedagogy of improvisation and composition.
- experience specific improvisational activities designed to exercise and strengthen their own and their students’ creative muscles.
- learn a proven pedagogical approach to teaching musicianship, with a goal toward giving students the tools to express themselves through original improvisation and composition.
This workshop will be facilitated by Patricia Plude, Director of Avivo, a community of Teaching Artists dedicated to promoting an integrated approach to music education that infuses every learning situation with improvisation and composition.
Please plan to join us for dinner on Saturday evening, July 19 and an opening improv session that evening. Our workshop will conclude at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 20.
Prior to this workshop you are cordially invited to enjoy the Salons of the Junior Composers summer program that will take place the morning and afternoon of July 19. The Salons are free of charge.
We hope to see you at the Teacher Training Institute!