MFMC Adult Composer Critique Event • Our Mission and Purpose
- Inspire the writing of music
- Enable composers to have their music critiqued by a qualified, established composer and/or composition professor;
- Help composers to learn the strengths and weaknesses of their writing;
- Cultivate the further development of works using suggestions from the critique;
- Further the composer’s understanding of music fundamentals;
- Encourage each composer to copywrite and publish original works.
Qualifications for Entry
- Compositions must be non-published, original works.
- Compositions may be single pieces, or a group of related pieces (e.g. sonata, suite).
- Composers may submit one composition per person per year.
- A work may be submitted only once, not year after year.
- A composition may be hand written or computer generated; a photocopy of the composition may be submitted so the composer may retain the original.
- One cassette tape recording or CD of the composition is required.
- Applications accepted between April 1 – April 15 of each year.
- Entrants must be amateur composers age 18 and over. MFMC membership is not required
To participate, please send the following items to Betty Olson (address below):
- The completed Adult Composers Critique Application.
- A copy of your original composition, unfolded in a large envelope.
- A cd or cassette tape recording of your composition.
- A self addressed, stamped large envelope for the return of your work and the critique.
- A check for $25 for the first 2 pages of the composition, with $5 per page for each additional page, made out to MFMC Adult Composer Critique.
- A picture and biography of the winner is required before the award check will be issued.
Late and/or Illegible Compositions will be disqualified!
10203 Johnson Circle
Bloomington MN 55437